UNH CHEER FINISHES SEVENTH OVERALL AT NCA NATIONALS COMPETITION
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The University of New
Hampshire cheer team finished 7th overall Friday afternoon in
the 2008 NCA Collegiate Cheer Championship. The team
qualified for the finals round of competition after winning the
Challenge Cup earlier in the day.
UNH finished with a final score of 8.413; while the now three-time defending national champion, the University of Maryland, took home the title with a score of 8.910. Ohio State University and the University of Louisville finished second and third respectively.
The 7th place finish marks the highest in the program's history in the NCA All-Girl I division. "Our team has faced a great deal of adversity this season and I'm extremely proud of their resiliency and never give up attitude. We were plagued by injuries and challenges in the final weeks leading up to the competition and (they) went out there and proved what UNH is all about with confidence and poise. I couldn't be more proud of our team," said head coach Shauna Norris Foley.
Try-outs for 2008-09 cheer squad will be held on May 3 and 4, 2008 at the Field House in Durham, N.H. For more information, contact head coach Shauna Norris Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. University of Maryland, 8.910
2. Ohio State University, 8.883
3. University of Louisville, 8.795
4. Kennesaw State University, 8.765
5. North Carolina State University, 8.760
6. Quinnipiac University, 8.586
7. University of New Hampshire, 8.413 (Click here to view performance video highlights)
8. University of Massachusetts, 8.328
9. Rutgers University, 8.390
10. University of South Carolina, 8.244