Women's Basketball Takes on the Cold Water Challenge
DURHAM, N.H. -- The University of New Hampshire women's basketball coaching staff agreed Tuesday to take on the "Cold Water Challenge," raising money and awareness for the Kay Yow Foundation.
Head coach Maureen Magarity accepted the challenge from her father, Dave Magarity, head coach for women's basketball at Army. Associate head coach Mike Roux and assistant coach Brendan Copes welcomed the test by members of the women's basketball staff at the College of Holy Cross. Newly hired assistant coach Kelsey Hogan also acknowledged the challenge from Maureen Magarity.
The rules to the Cold Water Challenge are as followed:
- All parties have 48 hours from the release to answer the challenge.
- Use the hashtags #Chillin4Charity and #Play4Kay.
- Any head coach that does not answer the challenge will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $250.
- Any assistant coach that does not answer the challenge will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $100.
- Any student-athlete that does not answer the challenge will owe five hours of community service.
- For each head coach that answers the challenge, the original challenger will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $50.
- For each assistant coach that answers the challenge, each assistant will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $25.
- For each player that does answer the challenge, each UNH women's basketball player will owe two hours of community service.
To learn more about Kay Yow Foundation and to make a donation, please visit KayYow.com.
Check out UNHWildcats.com or follow the Wildcats via social media on Facebook (www.facebook.com/UNHWildcats), Twitter (@UNHWildcats), YouTube (www.youtube.com/UNHAthletics) and Instagram (@UNHWildcats) for the latest news and information on all 20 varsity sports. For additional information on the UNH women's basketball team, follow the 'Cats on Twitter (@UNHHoops) and Instagram (@unhwbb). To learn more about Wildcats in the Community, look for the Wildcats in the Community page presented by Kennebunk Savings.