May 10, 2010
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Thursday, May 6
Women's lacrosse- Boston U. 10, UNH 6 (America East semifinal at Albany)
Friday, May 7
Men's track & field- at New England Championships (day 1 of 2)
Women's track & field- at New England Championships (day 1 of 2)
Saturday, May 8
Men's track & field- fourth place at New England Championships
Women's track & field- second place at New England Championships
Friday, May 14
Men's track & field at IC4A Championships (at Princeton), Day 1 of 3
Women's track & field at ECAC Championships (at Princeton), Day 1 of 3
Saturday, May 15
Men's track & field at IC4A Championships (at Princeton), Day 2 of 3
Women's track & field at ECAC Championships (at Princeton), Day 2 of 3
Sunday, May 16
Men's track & field at IC4A Championships (at Princeton), Day 3 of 3
Women's track & field at ECAC Championships (at Princeton), Day 3 of 3
WOMEN’S LACROSSE (10-7, 4-2 America East)
• UNH ended the 2010 season with a 10-6 loss to Boston University in the semifinals of the America East Championship.
• Jess Cassotis (York, Maine) and Hayley Rausch (Severna Park, Md.) were named to the All-Tournament Team. Rausch tallied two goals, one ground ball and one caused turnover vs. BU while Cassotis came off the bench to stabilize the defense; she recorded one ground ball and one draw control.
• Prior to the tourney, nine 'Cats were named to the America East All-Conference teams. Allie Duclos (South Windsor, Conn.), Kaplan and Kate Keagins (Bay Shore, N.Y.) were named to the First Team; Ilana Cohen (Andover, Mass.) and JoJo Curro (Amherst, N.H.) were Second Team selections; Amber Casiano (South Windsor, Conn.), Kathleen O'Keefe (Chatham, N.J.), Amy Simpson (New Canaan, Conn.) and Ally Stager (Reading, Mass.) were named to the All-Rookie Team; Duclos was an All-Academic Team honoree.
• The end of the season marked the end of Wildcat careers for seniors Kellen Millard (Ipswich, Mass.) and Kaplan. Kaplan tallied 187 career points on 108 goals and 79 assists to rank third in assists and sixth in goals; she also recorded 90 ground balls, 88 draw controls and 55 caused turnovers. Millard finished with two goals, 35 ground balls, 22 draw controls and 19 caused turnovers.
MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD
• UNH finished in fourth place overall (39 teams) at the New England Championships that were held May 7-8 at Northeastern University.
• Brice Paey (Milton, N.H.) finished in second place in the shot put with a throw of 16.77 meters.
• Paul DeTurk (Durham, N.H.) submitted a second-place finish in the hammer throw at a distance of 57.26m. Jeff Kaste (Atkinson, N.H.) took fourth place in the hammer at 55.89m.
• Renrick Pesce (New Hartford, Conn.) was third in the decathlon with a total of 5,770 points.
• In other field events, Max Hoddwells (Wayne, Maine) placed third in the triple jump with a leap of 14.01m, Matthew Guarente (Saugus, Mass.) finished fourth in the high jump at a height of 2.00m and Chris Morgan (Goffstown, N.H.) was fifth in the javelin with a throw of 60.14m.
• On the track, Alex Macleod (East Longmeadow, Mass.) was sixth in the 400m hurdles with a time of 54.83 seconds and Sean Mitchell (Shrewsbury, Mass.) was seventh in the 800m (1:53.67).
WOMEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD
• UNH recorded a total of 13 top-eight finishes, including five first-place efforts, to finish in second place (39 teams) at the New England Championships that were held May 7-8 at Northeastern University.
• Camile Quarles (Derry, N.H.) was the only Wildcat to score in two individual events. She captured first place in the triple jump with a leap of 12.07 meters and took eighth place in the long jump with a mark of 5.29m.
• Allison Letourneau (Kingston, Nova Scotia) ran to a first-place finish in the 800 meters with a time of 2 minutes, 11.76 seconds.
• Kate Early (Corning, N.Y.) won the heptathlon with 4,256 points.
• Rita Ciambra (Hanover, N.H.) captured first place in the pole vault by clearing a height of 3.85m.
• Erica Jesseman (Scarborough, Maine) ran to first place in the 10,000m with a time of 35:42.05.
• In other field events, Kaitlyn Dugan (Hatfield, Pa.) placed second in the high jump at a height of 1.65m, Ashlee Lathrop (Sherburne, N.Y.) recorded a thirdd-place finish in the hammer throw with a mark of 56.53m and Melanie Frazier (Bridgewater, Mass.) took sixth place in the long jump with a leap of 5.33m.
• UNH's 4x800m relay team recorded the second fastest time and the 4x400 squad took third place.
• In other track events, Megan Donohue (Stratham, N.H.) placed fourth in the 400m hurdles (1:03.26), Tayla Ryan (Norwood, Mass.) finished fit in the 100m hurdles (15.19) and Allison Brehm (Pembroke, N.H.) was seventh in the 100m (12.79).