The intercollegiate athletic program also has an important role in enriching the quality of life for the University and statewide community, and as a source of pride and encouragement for support of the University, while maintaining high standards of academic scholarship. In order to fulfill its mission, the intercollegiate athletics program must:
- Provide the support necessary to field teams competitive at the
- Provide student-athletes with the opportunity to meet academic
and athletic demands with the goal of graduating every
- Provide equitable opportunities for men and women to
- Operate within the policies and rules of NCAA membership, Title
IX and any conference in which the University is a member.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for athletes to train and compete.